The Sierra Club asks, “Whose energy future will it be, yours or Governor Christie’s?” Join other New Jersey residents and the Sierra Club to speak out for clean energy at a hearing near you. Sign up with the Sierra Club to speak – here.
The state’s new Energy Master Plan (EMP) is being put together right now. The plan can help set New Jersey on a path towards clean energy and make dirty fuel and the climate damage it causes, a thing of the past.
The Board of Public Utilities has been accepting public comments on the plan and are now holding public hearings. These hearings are a rare opportunity to directly impact climate change and air pollution policy in the Garden State. Governor Christie’s 2011 EMP slowed down New Jersey’s clean energy implementation tremendously, but now we can reverse that trend and recover our state’s status as a national frontrunner in renewable energy infrastructure.
This is your chance to show you support more energy efficiency and renewable energy sources in New Jersey like wind and solar. Sign up with the Sierra Club to speak at a hearing near you – here. Once you’ve signed up a Sierra Club staffer will reach out to share talking points and support that will make your attendance a success.
Through August 25 2015, you can also submit a comment to the BPU via the Sierra Club website or send it directly to NJ State. Here are your commenting options:
- Comment in person at one of the three public hearings taking place on August 11, 13 and 17; or
- Submit a public comment electronically through the Sierra Club’s website. Please feel free to edit any information which already appears in the Sierra Club’s form by adding to it or you can entirely replace their wording with your own.
- Send your comment directly to the State of NJ. Written public comments on updates to the 2011 Energy Master Plan can be submitted by close of business on Wednesday, August 24, 2015 to EMPupdate@bpu.state.nj.us
WHEN: Tuesday, August 11, 1-5pm
WHERE: Seton Hall Law School, 1109 Raymond Boulevard, Newark
WHEN: Thursday, August 13, 2015, 1-5pm
WHERE: State House Annex, Committee Room 11, 125 West State Street, Trenton
WHEN: Monday, August 17, 2015, 1-5pm
WHERE: Stockton College Campus Center, 101 Vera King Farris Drive, Galloway
Questions: Contact Christine Guhl-Sadovy at firstname.lastname@example.org
EMP Hearing Resources:
- Sign up with the Sierra Club to speak here.
- Join the rally taking place outside Newark’s BPU hearing on 11 Aug in support of clean energy, much needed in urban hubs. Download fliers in English and Spanish
- BPU Hearing Schedule for the NJ Energy Master Plan 2015
- NJ Spotlight article looks at some issues the BPU needs community feedback on